Re: The fastest Win NT server for Oracle?

From: Oracle FAQ <orafaq_at_bf.rmit.edu.au>
Date: 1996/03/26

cfischer_at_nando.net (Chris Fischer) writes:

>sfogel_at_sfcsys.com (Steve Fogel) wrote:

>>What is the best performing server hardware platform for Oracle under
>>Windows NT for under $100,000?
>>Does the Dec Alpha running NT run circles around HP and Compaq?

>Up until very recently, Oracle did not run on Windows NT/Alpha, only
>Intel. Oracle recently announced support for the NT/Alpha platform.
>This will be the best NT platform for sheer performance. (My humble
>opinion!)

I'm playing with a four processor, 1GB RAM, 16GB disk (and growing) box devoted solely to Oracle serving. Nice when you are sitting on that using it as a PC :-)!!!!!

Its a compaq.

Mind you we had to have all the memory and 2 disks replaced! David Bath

orafaq_at_bf.rmit.edu.au                 (private mail to dtb_at_bf.rmit.edu.au)
http://www.bf.rmit.edu.au/OracleFAQ   ftp://ftp.bf.rmit.edu.au/pub/Oracle/
http://www.bf.rmit.edu.au/Oracle      http://www.bf.rmit.edu.au/~orafaq
-- NOT TO BE ARCHIVED IN ANY MANNER ON MICROSOFT NETWORK --