Re: Experiences with Oraperl wanted

From: Ian Wilkins <ianw_at_sensible.teleord.co.uk>
Date: 1996/03/26

>Ken J. Cherasaro wrote:

>> Does anyone out there have any experiences with Oraperl on a
>> Solaris box ? If so, care to share them ? I am looking

We use Oraperl on a DRS6000 type box. I've got nothing but praise for it. (Although alot of the praise should be aimed fairly at the ace contractor we had)

Its very quick. We're using it to generate reports/files in a particular format. I.e. selecting lots of stuff out of the database, cross-referncing it with other stuff, and churning it out the other end.

I don't know what it would be like at any other data processing, Pro*C would be better for large inserts and stuff as you can't insert 2000 rows at once in Perl (version 4), like you can in Pro*C. (Perl 5 might let you though).

Ian.

You think my company has opinions?