Re: oracle cd doesn't come with any docs

From: Antony Sampson <sampson_at_dtf.sa.gov.au>
Date: 1996/03/24

buness_at_metamor.com wrote:

>The Oracle workgroup 2000 demo disk I just received doesn't come with
>any doc what-so-ever. I have watched a small army of programmers
>gather round the NT server to offer their advise on how to get the
>sql-net process to communicate with the ODBC client for two days.

>Where do I get doc on how to install Oracle and SQL-NET. Are you
>supposed to just guest which packages to install and wish for the
>best. Sorry to sound frustrated, but a simple 'how to get oracle
>running' file would have been nice...... Can I order the books from
>oracle? Any recommendations for third party books?

>Thanks in advance - Steven Bunes

On the oracle www site there are installation instructions for Oracle workgroup server for windows NT.

I had to use that document, it was very thorough.

Hope this helps.

Tony Sampson
DBA/software terrorist, South Australian Government Financing Authority sampson_at_dtf.sa.gov.au
                   The unnatural, that too is natural.
                                  Goethe