Re: Daylight Savings and Redo Logs

From: Thomas J Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/03/22

don't worry about it. Oracle doesn't use the system clock to figure out how to recover. It uses the scn (system commit number) to do that. The scn is sort of like an internal clock.

vanwegen_at_firststate.com.au (Paul van Wegen Esq.) wrote:

>We here in Australia(Sydney) are about to set our clocks back one hour
>on 31/3/1996 at 03:00.
>What implications are there regarding the redo logs.
>We plan to stop our databases at 03:00 and leave them down for an
>hour. Does anyone have any other suggestions. We are worried about
>restore implications as the log timestamps would go from 3:00 back to
>2:00.

>Regards
>pvw
>Paul van Wegen Esq. | EMail: vanwegen_at_firststate.com.au
>First State Computing Pty. Ltd. | Phone: 061 2 2569887
>Sydney. Australia. | Fax: 061 2 2569727

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government

opinions and statements are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Oracle Corporation. Received on Fri Mar 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message