Re: Launching separate Windows app from Forms 4.5 for DDE

From: Chris Fischer <cfischer_at_nando.net>
Date: 1996/03/22

kkonopa_at_symantec.com (kirsten konopaski) wrote:

>I need to perform DDE between FORMS and this separate Windows app. Any ideas on
>how to launch this separate Windows application successfully? With Forms still
>in control when it is completed?

FYI. Under Windows 95 and Windows NT, when a form executes a HOST command, the command is processed and control returns to forms immediately. This is in contrast to WIn 3.x where the HOST command needs to terminate before control is returned to forms.

| Chris Fischer                           cfischer_at_nando.net |
| Sr. Systems Analyst                    Work: (919)676-0062 |
| Toys "R" Us                                                |