Re: OPO: Mac, Window Menu in Runtime CRASH! Anybody else?...

From: Peter Yamamoto <pjyamamo_at_daisy.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: 1996/03/22

In article <DoonGy.D1u_at_watdragon.uwaterloo.ca>, Peter Yamamoto <pjyamamo_at_daisy.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
>When I run an application with the runtime engine, the Window
>Menu menu label is garbled (funny characters/symbols) and choosing
>it crashes (type 1/11 errors). (All default menu/tool/status stuff).
>
>When I added a Menu object it still had the garbled Window menu
>but showed the new menu object lable ok, until I clicked on it.
>
>This is constant behaviour (does nobody else experience it?).
>In development mode it is fine. I run both with 12MB.
>This happened both in 7.1 and has continued into 7.5.3
>(I reinstalled the demo version of OPO after the upgrade [which
>was also a complete re-install).

More playing around... I ran the Moonlight demo and it doesn't exhibit this behaviour (sigh, what am I doing wrong)).

But one thing that is certain is that after the 7.5.3 update when I quit from Runtime it causes a system crash every time [including the demo apps]. It didn't use to do this.

Anybody else with problems? I'm literally pulling my hair out trying to figure out what is System 7.5.3 problems, what is OPO problems, and what are my problems (well, let's not get into that!-)

Peter

--
Peter Yamamoto                     CS   Phone: +1 519-888-4567 x3299
University of Waterloo             MFCF Phone: +1 519-888-4567 x6488