Re: Oracle installation problem

From: Douglas G Preston <presto1_at_mail.pernet.net>
Date: 1996/03/22

Rajan Chattamvelli wrote:

> I installed Oracle 6 on my PC. Then when I try to create a database
> for the first time using the following commands:
> SQLPME
> ORACLE6
> SQLDBA
> STARTUP NOMOUNT PFILE=C:\ORACLE6\DBS\INIT2.ORA
> CONNECT INTERNAL
> CREATE DATABASE CLIENT NOARCHIVELOG;
>
> I get the following error messages:
> ORA-01501 Create database failed
> ORA-01519 Error while processing file '%ORACLE_HOME%\%ORACLE_DBS%\SQL.BSQ'
> near line 3
> ORA-00604 Error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
> ORA-01119 Error in creating database file '~~ etc\DBS1.ORA'
> ORA-09224 sfccf:error creating file
> OSD-01062 file size mismatch
>
> I have enough space on my hard drive for creating the necessary files.
> The oracle manuals does not give an adequate guidance in this matter.
> Could some knowledgeable person help me in resolving the errors.
> rchattam_at_unomaha.edu

Especially check to manual for instructions concerning the assignment of <ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES>

I have not performed the procedure you describe, but the appearance of:

        %ORACLE_HOME%\%ORACLE_DBS%
in the error message would make me suspect that you need to set both of these environment vars before attempting to create a database.

I'd search the index for ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_DBS to find their usage.

<>< dgp Received on Fri Mar 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message