Re: Security with students entering own data?

From: Herman Van Uytven <systhvu_at_sp05.cc.kuleuven.ac.be>
Date: 1996/03/21

The perfect (but difficult) solution is probably to set up a certification authority mechansim and to use authorised web access. I have heard that version 2 of the Oracle web server will support the above, although I do not know the details (I would like to know them ASAP, since we have about the same problem as you mention below). Most of the current CA's use X.500 and X.509, it would be nicer if there would be a pure Oracle solution.

-Herman-