Re: The fastest Win NT server for Oracle?

From: Chris Fischer <cfischer_at_nando.net>
Date: 1996/03/21

sfogel_at_sfcsys.com (Steve Fogel) wrote:

>What is the best performing server hardware platform for Oracle under
>Windows NT for under $100,000?
>Does the Dec Alpha running NT run circles around HP and Compaq?

Up until very recently, Oracle did not run on Windows NT/Alpha, only Intel. Oracle recently announced support for the NT/Alpha platform. This will be the best NT platform for sheer performance. (My humble opinion!)

| Chris Fischer                           cfischer_at_nando.net |
| Sr. Systems Analyst                    Work: (919)676-0062 |
| Toys "R" Us                                                |