Re: Developer 2000/ Form 4.5

From: Chris Fischer <cfischer_at_nando.net>
Date: 1996/03/21

Tan Siow Boon <tansb_at_po.pacific.net.sg> wrote:

>Hi, I have problem connecting to a remote oracle database from Form 4.5.
>I try the File..Connect using username =internal, it gives the following
>error message
>ORA -06105 NETCP:remote host is unknown
>Also, i couldnt connect from SQL*Plus too?
>Does anyone have a soln for this problem?

The complete connect string requirements would be something like:

user/passwd_at_t:node:INSTANCE for a TCP/IP host.

If you are getting 6105, that means that SQLNet cannot find 'node' through whatever network protocol you are using.

| Chris Fischer                           cfischer_at_nando.net |
| Sr. Systems Analyst                    Work: (919)676-0062 |
| Toys "R" Us                                                |