SQL*Net TCP/IP problem

From: abhijit belapurkar <abhijit.belapurkar_at_citicorp.com>
Date: 1996/03/20

Hi,
I am trying to connect to a remote ORACLE7 dataserver on a Unix machine from my PC. I have installed FTP PC/TCP 3.0 (for Windows) and SQL*Net TCP/IP V1.1. 7.8 on my PC. Now, FTP PC/TCP is definitely installed properly because ping & FTP to the Unix machine are both going through. But when I use Wintest.exe to check the connectivity the error messages I get are - sometimes ORA-06109(message  receive failure) and the rest of the times ORA-06110(message send failure).  I have installed SQL*Net exactly as per the manual. However, the manual says that this version of SQL*Net TCP/IP supports FTP PC/TCP 2.1. Is this the cause of the problem?
Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated. TIA. Received on Wed Mar 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message