RAID level suggestions

From: Tolson Smith <tsmith_at_cyberus.ca>
Date: 1996/03/20

I am in the process of setting up our new UNIX enviornment and I have a question about RAID levels and what people's suggestions are.

Currently I have a Oracle database (7.1.6.2) on OpenVMS on a RAID drive level 0+1 that is approximately 4GB.

Given that some RAID level will be run in our organization I am looking for recommendations of what level the actual data should be put on. I recognize that the RollBack segments, temporary space and the redo logs are write intensive and there for should not most likely be located on the same drive as the data. We currently are doing approximately 12 to 15 % write activity and the rest is reading.

Please post here or email me, I check the system several times a day.

Tolson Smith
tsmith_at_cyberus.ca Received on Wed Mar 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message