Re: Oracle-Java-Web

From: Mark McNulty <mmcnul_at_wall.ny.jpmorgan.com>
Date: 1996/03/20

Is it a great idea to design an application to only work with a specific browser, such as Oracle's? Aren't you going to be restricting your users? Are you going to gamble on which will win?

This will be a big battle in the next few months, as Microsoft, Oracle, Netscape, Mosiac and others all start competing in browsers.

Now, what you might want to look at is JAM from JYACC (warning, I work for them, so this is a bit of a plug ;-) ). Also, I think that Unify or Uniface is coming out with a WEB interface.

JAM/WEB, in beta now, will allow you to use the same tool to design all layers and tiers of your application, including the World Wide Web.

For more information, check out JYACC's homepage at: http://www.jyacc.com

Good luck,
Mark McNulty
JYACC Consultant
mmcnul_at_jyacc.com Received on Wed Mar 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message