Re: Rollback through ODBC?

From: Sunil Mushran <smushran_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/03/20

aradford_at_interserv.com (Andrew Radford) wrote:

>We are writing a Visual Basic application that does updates against an Oracle
>database. The inserts are done using SQLPassthrough. The problem is that if we
>send a rollback command, it doesn't. We have also tried using the ODBC API
>calls and the same thing happens.

>My theory is that Oracle is treating each statement that we send as a separate
>connection so the rollback is not on the same connection as the update. Any
>suggestions?

>Andrew Radford

One can use BeginTrans and CommitTrans/Rollback to perform transaction processing from VB+ODBC. But that is only possible if the user does not use SQLPASSTHRU (which not only bypasses the JET layer, and thus is faster, but it also creates another connection to the db).

sm Received on Wed Mar 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message