Re: ODBC/MS-ACCESS interference with instance

From: P Tyers <p.tyers_at_trl.oz.au>
Date: 1996/03/20

Joshua E Lieberman wrote:

> Generally, Access only allows updates of Oracle tables with a primary key
> defined, i.e. with an index defined on a primary key.
 .. snip ...
> beatonb_at_cadvision.com (Bill Beaton) writes:... snip ...
> >I am not prepared to create any
> >indices for a number of reasons ...If you are going to satisfy your user you will need
to create
at least one UNIQUE index otherwise Access/VB datacontrols will not allow insertion/update/delete (unless passthrough queries are used, and even then I wont swear that a unique
index wouldn't be required by the Access Jet Engine.) I assume this is what Joshua implied by his reference to an index on the primary key.

--
P Tyers, Tel. +61-(0)3-92536794
AARnet:	p.tyers_at_trl.telstra.com.au