Re: Returning multiple rows using PL/SQL to C++

From: Robert Jones <rjj_at_dryland.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/03/19

"Joseph Y. Suh" <jsuh_at_randomc.com.usa> wrote:

>My C++ developers are trying to return multiple rows from PL/SQL cursors
>to C++, but are unable to pass multiple rows to C++ via PL/SQL
>stored procedures' parameters. I heard the same omplaints from VB and PB
>developers. I know that Oracle Forms can retrieve and display multiple
>rows from Oracle database.
>How can I retrieve and display multiple rows in C++?

>Thanks. Jospeh.

We use PL/SQL table data type to pass multiple 'values' from a PL/SQL package to a Pro*C array. Tables can only hold one data values so this could be the ROWID of the record you want.

The tables work well and the same procedure is called from Pro*C and SQL*Plus. Just define the table type in the package header.

Examples on request if you want.

Robert Jones (rjj_at_dryland.demon.co.uk) - DBA, Developer/2000 Kalamazoo ANSWER Limited - an Oracle BAP ANSWER Open Systems Applications