Re: SQLPLUS QUESTION

From: Steve Miller <smiller_at_gers.com>
Date: 1996/03/19

ghp_at_infosoft.be (Gerard H. Pille) writes:
> In article <4iko9n$evo_at_news2.cts.com>, lan (lan_at_bluebird.com) says...
> !>
> !>
> !>Hi all,
> !>
> !>What command should I use to list database name and table names
> !>in SQLPLUS?
> !>
> !>thanks.
> !>
> !>--Lan
> !>
> !>
>
> I believe the database name is one of V$PARAMETER.
> I don't know about the table-names, though.
> --
> Kind reGards
> \ / |
> X |
> / \ s
> Gerard

You can query the view(s) dba_tables, all_tables or user_tables. Use the query "Select owner, table_name from dba_tables;" That will return the owner and the table_name of all the tables in the database.

Steve Miller
Database Admin.

GERS Retail Systems Received on Tue Mar 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message