'unable to reserve record' - Forms4 & sqlnet1

From: Gary Walker <gjwalker_at_cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: 1996/03/17

A user has reported frequently getting an 'unable to reserve record' message in Forms 4.0.13 - usually (always?) against the same table. This happens late in the day - no problem in the morning.

We're using sqlnet 1 (tcp/ip). During the day, the number of 'T' processes/connections on the server grows - most without the client side process. And every night the database is closed for an automatic export - this closedown also gets rid of most of the (duff) database connections.

I'm assuming the record reservation problem is 'connected' to the number of sqlnet 1 connections that don't terminate correctly.

ONE OR TWO QUESTIONS! - Does this sound like a good assumption?

Would sqlnet 2 probably cure this?

What level of lock does Forms 4 apply on a record/ a table when that record/table's just being viewed?

All advice appreciated!

Gary Walker Received on Sun Mar 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message