W3.1 Stored Procedure Hang with OCI

From: William H. Stone <73303.342_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 1996/03/17

URGENT HELP IS NEEDED!!!! We are using stored procedures on an Oracle 7.1 server that have anywhere from 1-20 parameters. Our Windows client app. binaries has been generated for 16-bit and 32-bit OS from the same source.  We use OCI (Pro*C 2.0(16-bit) and Pro*C 1.6(32-bit).

Our application works fine under the 32-bit OSs (NT and W95) and on MOST machines, we work fine under Windows 3.11. However, about 10% of the machines in our lab fail to run. Further exploration has yielded that we hang up in OEXEC on calls to stored procedures that take 12 or more parameters (calls to stored procedures with fewer parameters, generally succeed).

We have replaced some of the initial stored procedure calls with straight SQL calls (that contain the same amount of parameters). This works, but we would have to re-write nearly all our stored procedures - not acceptable.

        The machines that have the problem are totally different hardware. We have swapped every board, but the mother board and still get the same results. We have tweaked every switch and BIOS setting - no effect.

Thank you in advance for your assistance, William Stone (wstone_at_tlsolutions.com) Received on Sun Mar 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message