Re: 7.0.16 and SQL*Net 1.2 Upgrade to which??

From: Hadar Paiss <hpaiss_at_netvision.net.il>
Date: 1996/03/16

Lance Evans wrote:

> We are currently running Oracle 7.0.16 production on SunOS 4.1.3 and we
> are planning a development database on Solaris 2.4. We are considering
> an upgrade because we want to use PL/SQL version 2. We want to move
> forward as far as practical without shooting ourselves in the foot.
>
> Any advice on which versions to move to (or which versons _not_ to move
> to)?
>
> There are SQL*Net implications - limited distribution of v1.2, needing
> to move to 2.x. How far should we go here???

Move to SQL*Net V2.2 which soppurt Async-OCI.

It seem that the 1st connection via v2 is slower then in net v1, but afterward it's just fine.

Also the configuration files may give you some headakes at first - try not using the manual, but rather just change the sample files.

        Hadar Paiss Received on Sat Mar 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message