Re: & symbol help!

From: William <whuang_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1996/03/16

Stephen,

If you are using SQLPlus, you can put a SET SCAN OFF and SET SCAN ON around your SELECT statement, and SQLPlus will ignore the & in your where clause (& is the default prompt/accept symbol). The other option is to SET DEFINE $character (or maybe "$character"), and SQLPlus will use another character as the symbol (I usually use ~). I'm not sure if the syntax is correct. Check your SQLPlus manual for more info.

-William Huang / <mailto:whuang_at_earthlink.net>