Re: Personal Oracle 7 -- Password

From: Keith Majkut <kmajkut_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1996/03/16

In article <4iben0$2ur_at_masala.cc.uh.edu>, Shariq Mansoor <opto2y_at_menudo.uh.edu> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I downloaded personal Oracle for Win95 and selected custom install.
>I want to create my own database instead of the starter Database which
>comes with PO7. But now whenever I tries to start sqldba, oracle starts
>the same process as if I select "Start Database" command and then it
>prompt me to enter a password. I tried several possible passwords but
>nothing works. And if I cancel that, it takes me to sqldba prompt but
>when I tries to connect as internal, it again prompt me for a password
>and don't let connect.
>
>Is there any default password for this ?
The default password for internal is oracle. The default apssword for scott is tiger. The default password for SYS is a long string of chars depending on your

   machine id-read the readme file and it will explain. Contrary to what    SYS is on other machines(change_in_install).

Also, the database Autostarts by default. You need to shut this off to create your own database. Look in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ORACLE and there is a setting. Again, this is in the readme file.

What I'm trying to say is, look at the readme file-it's got useful info in it.