Re: SQL*Loader question

From: Gerard H. Pille <ghp_at_infosoft.be>
Date: 1996/03/15

In article <4ic0o8$nh9_at_pegasus.rutgers.edu>, Eric G (ericg_at_pegasus.rutgers.edu) says...
!>
!>I have read the Utilities manual and I can't find the answer.
!>
!>I am loading a variable length file with delimiters.
!>The file has more information than I need to load in my table.
!>My question is, how do I skip some of the fields from the file.
!>I know how to do it if it were a fixed length file, just use the

!positions that you want to use.

!>
!>Does anyone out there know how to do this?
!>
!>Thanks for your help.
!>
!>Sincerely,
!>
!>Eric Gottesman
!>AT&T
!>ejgottesman_at_attmail.com

SQL*Loader doesn't allow you to skip fields.

A very poor solution might be to overload some fields in the same column.

--
Kind reGards
     \ /   |