Re: SQL*Net 2 and Win NT

From: crodg <caseyr_at_rain.org>
Date: 1996/03/15

ssquires_at_osprey.csrv.uidaho.edu (Squires Scott) wrote:

>Just wondering if anyone has been able to use SQL*Net V2 with a PC
>running Win NT 3.51? SQL*Net V2 is working with our Win 3.1 and 3.11
>machines. Trying to connect to Oracle 7.1.4 via TCP/IP. The error I get is:
>ORA-12203 :TNS:Unable to connect to destination. I have a hunch it has
>something to do with NT's networking features. Any suggestions would be
>appreciated. Thanks.

>Scott Squires
>Univ of Idaho
>Comp Services
>Moscow, Idaho
>ssquires_at_uidaho.edu

I am having the same sort of problem. I've been humbled.

There must be some setting, some undocumented feature. What TCP port are you using, 1521, 1580, 1525 ... ? I am fairly sure my setup is correct. I've checked and double checked each component. I have contacted Oracle Customer Support, but have not heard back from them. If I find out anything, I'll let you know.

Any information would be appreciated.

Casey Received on Fri Mar 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message