Re: Spreadsheet load into Oracle7 RDBMS

From: Glenn Burton <gburton_at_cbis.com>
Date: 1996/03/14

This isn't any more seamless than SQL*Loader, but I do this once in a while by:

- save the spreadsheet as text,
- use a Unix cut to line up the columns
- use a canned awk script to turn the flat file into a script of insert statements
- run the insert script.

Another approach that comes to mind is to use MS Access to "attach" an Oracle table, and then to cut and paste into the attached table. I've never tried the later approach.

Good Luck

Brian Heath (73144.665_at_compuserve.com) wrote:
: I am looking to see if anyone knows of a utility or software package
: that will take a Lotus 1-2-3 or MS Excel file and load it into an Oracle
: database. I have clients that need to do this and I'm looking for a
: more seemless way than saving file as comma delimited and then
: using SQL*Loader.

: Thanks in advance,

: Brian Heath

Glenn Burton