Re: Managing Oracle 7.x on a HP unix machine.

From: Mark Luszczynski <75730.232_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 1996/03/14

For our relatively small database community I could not justify the expensive Unix based products. Although I do have Exceed for Windows, I really only use for it running the SAM utility and other sundry chores.

I was able to buy much cheaper ms-windows-based products which run over sqlnet to get to the database statistics.

One of them even has paging capabilities, assuming you have a windows machine you can dedicate for monitoring. Since we are a relatively small database shop, I just run the monitors once or twice a week to make sure nothing's out of whack.

                      My two cents worth,
                      Mark.

--
Mark Luszczynski