Re: Need procedure to change password

From: Gerard H. Pille <ghp_at_infosoft.be>
Date: 1996/03/14

In article <4i7v8m$igp_at_gaia.cc.gatech.edu>, badri (badri_at_cc.gatech.edu) says...
!>
!>Hi:
!>
!> I need the equivalent of a setuid script on UNIX. I want
!>an operator to maintain passwords of the hundreds of users we are
!>going to have soon. This operator would execute a procedure
!>that would take a username and passwd as arguments and alter that
!>user. The operator would obviously not be able to change the password
!>of sys. The id for that operator would only have execute procedure on
!this
!>procedure and nothing else.
!>
!> I created a procedure, but PL/SQL does not like ALTER inside
!>a procedure. Looks like I cannot issue such commands from a procedure.
!>How do I get this done?
!>
!>Haaaaaaalp,
!>