Re: Spreadsheet load into Oracle7 RDBMS

From: Chris Fischer <cfischer_at_nando.net>
Date: 1996/03/13

Brian Heath <73144.665_at_compuserve.com> wrote:

>I am looking to see if anyone knows of a utility or software package
>that will take a Lotus 1-2-3 or MS Excel file and load it into an Oracle
>database. I have clients that need to do this and I'm looking for a
>more seemless way than saving file as comma delimited and then
>using SQL*Loader.

I'm no expert on the subject, but doesn't 1-2-3 have a product called Lotus Data Lens, and Excel have an ODBC interface? If so, these products could be used to load data right into the database without buying another product. Good luck.

| Chris Fischer                           cfischer_at_nando.net |
| Sr. Systems Analyst                    Work: (919)676-0062 |
| Toys "R" Us                                                |