Proc 2.0 problems

From: Rama Mohan <mohan_at_mnsinc.com>
Date: 1996/03/13

I started using Proc2.0 very recently and found few disturbing (wierd errors). Appreciate any help in this matter.

  1. Proc2.0 allows structures to be used in SQL statements. Once in a while I get error ORA-1450 (Invalid size for string -- or is it ORA-1458). Our resident expert says this error is generated when I use a arra of less than 2 bytes for receiving VARCHAR2 variable. Though I am receiving VARCHAR2 variables into a character array, the size is pretty large.
  2. I get 2 different C source dodes when run Proc with SQLCHECK=NONE and SQLCHECK=FULL options. The code generated with SQLCHECK=NONE does not work. I get an error invalid variable etc.
  3. While using a C structure to insert new records into table get Invalid precission errors. The error occurs even if I initialize all variables of the structure. However if the structure is initialized to nulls using memset, the error disappears.

Thanks in advance
Mohan Received on Wed Mar 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message