Re: Oracle and Access locking up

From: Terry Stover <terry.stover_at_amd.com>
Date: 1996/03/12

Joe George wrote:
> I'm developing a database front-end to Oracle7 with MS Access 2.0.
> Whenever I do a long query against the attached Oracle tables the PC
> appears to lock up. Sometimes the query returns other times it does
> not.

 I've run some pretty substantial queries without having any problems, even using functions within 7 table joins. I don't think I have had any problems beyond the normal Windows freezes. Are you sure your database connectivity is OK? Are you doing any joins with client side Access tables? The Jet optimizer can really hose up those queries. The only other thing I can suggest is writing a pass through query so that it all executes on the server. Received on Tue Mar 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message