Re: Unix users cannot access Oracle

From: Mike Morgan <mike.morgan_at_teldta.com>
Date: 1996/03/11

Konstantin Kivi <kivi_at_glas.apc.org> wrote:
>Hello All!>>My company have recently moved from Oracle 6 to 7.>With Oracle 6 every Unix user had access to the>database providing a=
ll environment variables was>set properly. In Oracle 7 however, only oracle>user can start sqlplus and so on. All others>get an erro= r message like "shmat or shmget failed".>What is wrong with shared memory? Is it Unix or>Oracle problem? What should I do about it.>=
> Thank you in advance> Konstantin Kivi.

Make sure the permissions on $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle have the setuid bit set. Ours is set to 6751 (rwsr-s--x).

--
Mike Morgan
Technology Integration Services - Unix DBA