Re: Unix users cannot access Oracle

From: William <whuang_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1996/03/10

Konstantin,

Do you get a message like the following?

ERROR: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-07320: smsget: shmat error when trying to attach sga. $YourUnixOS Error: ##: Permission denied

If so, your Unix permissions are probably wrong for the oracle file located in $ORACLE_HOME\bin.

Incorrect permissions:
-rwxr-x--x oracle dba $filesize $date oracle

Correct permissions:
-rwsr-s--x oracle dba $filesize $date oracle

Issue a chmod 6751 oracle to correct the problem.

-William Huang / mailto:whuang_at_earthlink.net