Re: Connect to DB slow...

From: Sylvain Taccucci <staccuc_at_riq.qc.ca>
Date: 1996/03/09

I'm not sure your problem is related to mine, but on OpenVMS starting a process is a costly operation, and when you connect to Oracle via SQL*NET you are actually starting a process on the server side. The Oracle multi-threaded option gives you the ability to pre-start server-side client process in order to speed up the connect time mostly taken by the starting of process on OpenVMS. I don't know if you'll see the same speed improvement that we saw, but in our case it helps a lot. Received on Sat Mar 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message