Re: Logging on as SYSTEM w/Developer 2000 demo

From: Brian F. Haddock <BHaddock_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/03/09

On Fri, 08 Mar 1996 09:16:25 -0400, Mark Campbell <mac_at_formalsys.ca> wrote:

>Brian F. Haddock wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to setup the databases needed for the Developer 2000 demo
>> (I assume setting up the databases is the first step). The
>> instructions I've found state that you must log on to Sql Plus as
>> SYSTEM to execute the setup procedures. When I attempt this I get a
>> dialog box prompting me for the User Name, Password, and Host String.
>> I assume User Name should by SYSTEM. What is the password? Is the
>> Host String needed? I've tried Oracle for the password (as well as
>> Scott/Tiger) to no avail.
>>

>The password is 'manager'.

I still cannot seem to get this to work? I've tried the scott/tiger combination as well as the system/manager combination (using every type of capitalization you can think of). All I get is the following message 'Error ORA-09352.....'.

I installed all of the Developer 2000 modules (SQLPlus was installed automatically). Am I missing something here?

Thanks

--
                       Brian F. Haddock
                    BHaddock_at_ix.netcom.com

  • When they took the fourth amendment, I was quiet because I didn't deal drugs!
  • When they took the sixth amendment, I was quiet because I was innocent.
  • When they took the second amendment, I was quiet because I didn't own a gun!
  • Now they've taken the first amendment, and I can say nothing about it...