Re: forms45_defaultfont to imitate Forms 3 appearance

From: Ravi Garg <scrgarg_at_mcimail.com>
Date: 1996/03/09

Jim Fiegenschue wrote:

> As a first step in moving our application to Forms 4.5 from Forms 3,
> we want to simply move the existing forms over and have them look and
> function as they did in good 'ole Forms 3. We would like our 24x80
> converted forms to approximately fill the entire maximized screen under
> Windows 3.11.
>
> Does anyone know a font which will accomplish this?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Hi Jim,

Forms 4.5 comes in three options :
Forms4.5 for Client on Windows
Forms 4.5 on Server for character mode vt100 Forms 4.5 on Server for Motif.

If your objective is to port an application from Forms 3.0 to Forms 4.5 with the same look and feel. You can go ahead develop your applicatiosn on Developer 2000 and use the coordinate system character i.e. 80X24. Fomts really would not impact anything.

Hope it helps.

Ravi Garg Received on Sat Mar 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message