Re: Oracle WEBserver for WEB based applications

From: Carlos Augusto Leite Netto <cnetto_at_cps.softex.br>
Date: 1996/03/08

Carlos Ng wrote:

> My company is evaluating a proposal to convert a multi-user UNIX based oracle
> form application to WEB based application. We are very much interested in the
> Oracle WEB server solution. However we need to find out more about it. How does
> it support JAVA and CGI ??? How does PL/SQL integratw with HTTP ??
> Any one with experience in the ares please reply.

Hi,

WebServer 2.0 is cool. You can create dynamic HTML using PL/SQL (as in WebServer 1.0), Java (yes! Java on server side), C++ and other languages. The key part of WebServer 2.0 is the WRB (Web Request Broker) that can call the java agent, the PL/SQL agent and so forth.

They offer also a Java class that allow you to access RDBMS and to create dynamic HTML as well. Try to get brochures of the product on Oracle. I got white papers at ODC'96 and they're very good to read.

Regards,

Carlos Netto
cnetto_at_cps.softex.br - Brazil Received on Fri Mar 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message