Re: Forms Command - EXECUTE_QUERY

From: <dmoyer_at_gpu.com>
Date: 1996/03/07

In <4hfh8h$5a0_at_aplinfo.jhuapl.edu>, Stan Novinsky <stan_novinsky_at_jhuapl.edu> writes:

Two things ... 1. Are any of the items in the block enterable?

                  2.  Try the menu item HELP/SHOW ERROR to see if there are
                       any problems with the query.

scott

>I have trigger that executes the following when a radio_button
>is pressed:
>
> .
> .
> .
> GO_BLOCK ('ID_NUM');
>
> EXECUTE_QUERY;
>
>I have the block looking at the correct table and I am the
>owner of the table. I can get go to SQLPLUS and retrieve
>data from the table by issung a select statement.
>
>All the columns of the table are defined on the form.
>
>Also, if I declare a cursor in the trigger and use the cursor to
>retrieve the data from the table, it works !
>
>Any ideas on why the cursor will work but not the
>EXECUTE_QUERY.
>
>Thanks
>stan_novinsky_at_jhuapl.edu

>* System Configuration:
>*
>* VAXstation 4000/90
>*
>* OpenVMS 6.1
>* Oracle 7.1, Forms 4.0
>* 3 RZ28's
>* 128 Meg Mem

D. Scott Moyer, Jr.                        dmoyer_at_gpu.com (work)
GPU Service Corporation                dsmoyer_at_enter.net (home)
Reading, PA Received on Thu Mar 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message