Re: Script to Extract Table Definition

From: Sameer Utrankar <utrankar_at_nyc.pipeline.com>
Date: 1996/03/07

Export table without data and grep for 'create table' and 'alter table' statements (you can also grep create index if you export indexes). Redirect the output into .sql. You will get all this ready-made done for you by Oracle and you will not have to worry about changes to dictionary in future. This approach worked for me even when version changed from v6 to v7.

Chris Hamilton <chamilto_at_tyc.com> wrote:

>The following script extracts a table definition from the data dictionary,
>including defaults, constraints, indexes, unique and primary keys, foreign keys,
>and storage parameters. Use and enjoy.

>Chris

>rem Name: d_tabddl.sql (DBA Table Data Definition Language)
>rem Author: Chris Hamilton, TYC Associates, Inc.
>rem Date: 10-Jan-93, 20-Mar-93, May 1994.

All of us can't be heros. There has to be someone to sit by the curb and clap as they go by. Received on Thu Mar 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message