Re: Boy... do I need some help with this one REPOSTED

From: Sam Janney <janney_at_dsr.com>
Date: 1996/03/06

tom avino <tavino_at_dcez.com> wrote:

>can ANYONE tell me if there is a way to do or simulate row level SECURITY
>in Oracle 7.1

As others have suggested, make a view that selects the rows that a user may access.
I take it one step further so the application doesn't have to keep track of a bunch of views, make a synonym for that user that has the orginal table name pointing to the view. For all practical purposes this view will become the table for that user/users.

Sam Janney janney_at_dsr.com
Digital Systems Research Inc.
San Diego, CA Received on Wed Mar 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message