How to quickly import data from external source?

From: Adrian N. Marden <mard_at_kimbark.uchicago.edu>
Date: 1996/03/04

I am a former Oracle person who found his way into the SQLServer world for a while and has since returned to Oracle. Having been a bit pampered by the utilities that come with SQLServer, I find myself looking for a utility akin to the 'bcp' command which will allow me to quickly import data into tables from a text file. The few books that I have (Oracle Press' Oracle DBA Handbook amongst them) do not seem to indiciate that this is possible with IMPORT. Speed is a real issue for me, since I will need to change my company's system over on the fly.

Any ideas? Received on Mon Mar 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message