Re: SQLNET access through a firewall

From: ybutler <ybutler_at_kbsi-aus.com>
Date: 1996/03/04

Steven D. Macaulay wrote:

> Can anyone out there provide some insight on how to access a database
> through an SQLNET connection that is routed through a firewall? I am
> assuming that this can be done, but I am also assuming that something
> else other than having the appropriate tnsnames.ora and listener.ora
> entries needs to be done. I am familiar with SQLNET, but procedures
> and/or requirements specific to firewall controlled access are new to me
> and I would appreciate any assistance that someone could provide.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

As long as your tnsnames.ora file is configured properly, you should be able to connect to your database. I connect to a database using sqlplus and Oracle Forms that has a firewall. I've had no problems.

On occassion I will get the ORA error TNSnames unresolved because of slow response time over the internet. Other than that, no problems. Received on Mon Mar 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message