Q: SQL pass through

From: Patrick Mann <100713.507_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 1996/03/04

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can answer the following question:

Is it possible to use an ODBC driver to pass a non-ODBC SQL-statement to the data source? I.e. is it possible to pass through an arbitrary SQL-statement?

If so, how is this accomplished? I've been experimenting, but my ODBC driver always returns an error whenever I call SQLExecute() on a statement it doesn't understand.

In particular, I'm trying to issue a stored procedure call via the Visigenic ODBC driver for windows NT/95 (distributed with VB 4.0).

TIA, Patrick.

--
Patrick Mann
100713.507_at_compuserve.com