Service handler in SQL*Net 2.2 - Help!

From: badri <badri_at_cc.gatech.edu>
Date: 1996/03/02

Hi:

        I have mysterious behavior in my SQLNet V2.2 for SPX and TCP/IP.

        When I restart the listener and watch the Service handler section (the last line of lsnrctl stat), it grows! Initially, it is at 1 service handler. Within two minutes, it moves to 2 and finally to 11 service handlers at which point, I cannot connect to the database. It gives an ORA 1017 (invalid username/password) error. The same username/password works for the first two minutes.

        What in the world is happening? I initially thought some MTS option is killing us, but all the MTS related info in the init.ora file is commented out. Should we explicitly turn MTS off by a certain parameter? What is wrong in my set-up?

        On another machine, there are 3 instances. The lsnrctl stat on that machine shows the following:

	Inst 1 has 5 service handlers
	Inst 2 has 1 service handlers
	Inst 3 has 7 service handlers

	This machine works fine (it also comes up with 1 service handler,
but stops at 5,1,7 respectively). We are on SQL*Net 2.2.

Haaaaaalp,

thanks a lot,

-Badri Received on Sat Mar 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message