Re: ExplainSQL ?

From: Frank Kobylanski <Kobylanski_at_fakobyla.purina-mills.com>
Date: 1996/03/01

dwell_at_venus.hili.com (Dean R. Wellington) wrote:
>I have seen it referenced in pinnacle's oracle developer journal. What
>is it who sells it ?
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>Dean R. Wellington
>President

Dean,

   ExplainSQL is from a company called SQL Tools, Inc. I believe they are based in Verona, NJ (gotten from some documentation we received from them back in June of '95). Phone # os (201)239-6381 and they do have a home page, just don't know what the URL is right off hand.

    The product is a tool to analyze the execution path determined by the optimizer. The doc I have makes it look like it is just for Oracle, but they could have expanded the back ends since. You can either pass SQL to from a file, typing in, etc., or it will capture SQL from an executing application. It replaces TKProf and bare bones plan table.

    We got the information before I started here and we never went anywhere with it. That is not an indictment of the product, it was just time constraints stopped us. We are intending to look at this area in the not too distant future.

Frank Received on Fri Mar 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message