How to unload data from a table

From: Steve Chell <slc_at_stevensons.co.nz>
Date: 1996/02/28

What's the easiest way unload some data from a table to a text file, that could then be loaded in another database or table via SQL*Loader.

With Informix you can say:
unload to "filename" select ...

The rows & columns returned by the select statement would be stored in pipe-delimitered format in the specified file.

Is there a similar facility in Oracle 7? I'm not sure if the "exp" and "imp" utilities are suitable, because I might not require all rows or columns from the source table.

Any help much appreciated. Please reply via email.

Steve Chell
slc_at_stevensons.co.nz Received on Wed Feb 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message