Client Side Cache ?? (was Re: How to limit # of rows ..)

From: Jim Holt <jim_holt_at_email.sps.mot.com>
Date: 1996/02/28

In article <3131EFFA.75C0_at_leadingbits.via.at>, Dieter Oberkofler <dtr_at_leadingbits.via.at> wrote:

> Jason Lincoln wrote:

 <snip>
> [...]

I am new to SQL Server, and this thread has me a little confused.

Why should the number of rows returned be an issue ? Is this a memory issue on the client ? Isn't this type of problem handled by something like a cursor ?

Just curious...
-jh Received on Wed Feb 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message