Re: NLS_LANG

From: Jim Huffer <hufferj_at_flash.net>
Date: 1996/02/28

torfridl_at_ulrik.uio.no (Torfrid Leek) wrote:

>You can set NLS_LANGUAGE and NLS_TERRITORY in init.ora.
>For the session you can set NLS_LANG, which is a combination
>of these 2 and character set.
>Beware: If you have syntax errors the default (AMERICAN_AMERICA.US7ASCII)
>is used!
>Regards, Torfrid

>torfrid.leek_at_usit.uio.no

What would cause an Oracle DB 7.2 receiving Window's DBCS data to not be able to return it to the Window's program? I've eliminated fontsets and feel that the network messages are causing the double byte characters to be translated 1 at a time. Running WFW 3.11 clients to DEC AXP under OpenVMS over DECNet. Is it SQL*NET, the DB, or DECNet?

J. Huffer Received on Wed Feb 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message