Re: Order of rows after sqlload

From: Hank Eskin <hank_at_legacytech.com>
Date: 1996/02/28

In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.960228083314.4665C-100000_at_seatimes>, sbut-is_at_seatimes.com says...

>However, why are you bothered by the ordering? A relational database
>isn't supposed to depend or care about the ordering of records in the
>file (I know certain retrieval performance might suffer but....)

  It matters if you need to create a unique index with the NOSORT option (assumes records are in sorted order in the table). We load a 70million record table in a DW sorted, so Oracle does not have to sort the records in order to create the index. This fastly improves index creation performance!

  • Hank