Re: DBA-Sys admin Relationship - Need help to define it

From: Ernst Renner <QAFT97A_at_prodigy.com>
Date: 1996/02/28

Badri -
I think this is NOT the optimal position, but its one many of us find ourselves in. You do, however, have a certain amount of pull, though, if Oracle is the only application running on the box. I am in a similar situation, but I tell the SA's when I need something run, how I want it done, and when it is to be done by.
Put your foot down! If they want to be obstinant about privileges, its your right, and responsibility to get what you need done on YOUR terms. Just like you have to service your customers, your SA HAS to service you.

Take care and good luck! Received on Wed Feb 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message