Re: lost dll

From: Michael P. Vergara <mvergara_at_sctcorp.com>
Date: 1996/02/28

In article <31237527.6A8A_at_lanl.gov>, Raymond Cantrell <rlc_at_lanl.gov> says:

>Hi There Oracle People,
>I recently loaded Oracle Products for Windows Version 7.1 from a CD to
>WFWG 3.1. The installation seemed to go along quite well. However when I
>was done I could ping the server but when I tried to run SQLNet I got an
>error saying I was missing the file NSDW.DLL and NWCALLS.DLL from my
>path. I have since found NWCALLS.DLL but have had no luck with the other
>file.. Can some one point me in the right direction??
>TIA
>Ray

Are you using SPX and TCP/IP? Did you install SQL*Net SPX Protocol adapter? The DLLs you reference are part of the Novell client software package from Netware, not Oracle. Since you can 'ping', I presume you're running TCP/IP primarily (...'course, Oracle does have that 'Server Ping' icon...hmmm).

You only need to load the protocol adapter for the database server, not a file server. In other words, if you have Oracle on an HP and you're also using a Novell server for file & print services, you only need to load SQL*Net TCP/IP to connect to the HP. If there's no database instance on the Novell server then you do not need SQL*Net SPX. De-install it and you should stop seeing these messages.

Mike

Are you using SQL*Net for SPX? Did you install it by accident? These two files are part of the Novell client package which is installed from Novell Netware, not Oracle. You said you can 'ping' which leads me to interpret that you're using TCP/IP. Received on Wed Feb 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message